- Resume Samples
Objective : Microbiologist is responsible for the microbiology of the product and the business, ensuring that it has the right bacteria, viruses, and fungi to perform at its best.
Skills : Micropipetting, Performing Electrophoresis,.
- Involved in a time-sensitive Army-sponsored pre-clinical laboratory project aiding the selection of best drug candidates for entry into drug portfolio.
- Successfully screened hundreds of small molecules and polymers for in-vitro antibacterial activity.
- Performed MIC's on several human clinical bacterial isolates using small compounds.
- Compared activity of these compounds against a panel of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
- Evaluated the effects of compounds against some drug-resistant bacterial strains.
- Studied selectivity and determined the effect of these compounds on the mammalian cells.
- Studied the development of resistance by bacteria to the antimicrobial activity of the compounds.
MS In Biology/Biotechnology
Microbiologist/Quality Assurance Resume
Summary : Looking for work in the food processing industry. Interested in QA, technical services, microbiology, R &D, and production. I have a B.S. in food science from WSU and completed my course work and research for a Masters in Food Science. I have been active in the food industry since undergrad, hands-on for about 4 years, and 7 years worth of leadership/management.
Skills : OSHA, USDA, EPA, Organic, Kosher -Mock.
- Finished product standard methods plating including preparation and results in the documentation.
- Sucrosed/fructosed Petri film yeast and mold plating including preparation and results in the documentation.
- Environmental swabbing for Listeria/Salmonella and preparation for external analysis.
- Data tracked results and corrective action.
- Processed water Petri film aerobic and coliform plating including preparation and results in the documentation.
- Filtered ATP testing including data tracking of results and corrective action.
- Organoleptic testing of incubated samples.
Validation Microbiologist Resume
Objective : Over 4 years of Validation Microbiologist experience executing standard operating procedures under FDA guidelines. Strong technical skills relating to writing new procedures, maintaining databases, and process validations. Experienced with investigations related to non-conformances, deviations, and corrective actions.
Skills : CGMP, Regulatory Compliance, Monitoring, Cleaning Verification, Blending verification, oos, Raw material & Component specification, COA creation, Supplier Qualification, Microbial Limit Test, Growth Promotion, SOP creation, Deviation & Change Control generation.
- Responsible for environmental monitoring for manufacturing and quality control.
- Generated reports for environmental monitoring excursions.
- Performed quality control analyses in a clean room environment using aseptic techniques for in-process and finished products.
- Isolated bacterial and fungal cultures for identification.
- Executed cleaning validations for manufacturing equipment.
- Identified a source of contamination in product testing by evaluating environmental monitoring excursion reports.
- Qualified an upgrade to the software for a phenotypic microbial identification used for identifying microbes in product testing and in the production environment.
B.A. In Biology & Chemistry
Microbiologist/Supervisor Of Laboratories Resume
Headline : A seasoned and professional individual whose education of combined science and clinical settings has resembled a model for health care and the integrity of testing. Bringing up to date experience in methods, analysis, and processing of laboratory samples in an efficient manner compliant with presiding agencies and knowledge to surpass competencies.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Strong mathematical skills.
- Processed of all types of specimens, reading cultures, performing rapid testing, PCR testing, compliance, and overall customer service.
- Responded rapidly to critical values and turn around times in the midst of processing tests and managing priorities.
- Assurance of processing and testing samples throughout the stages of testing.
- Contributed in validation of new testing procedures.
- Implemented improved processes by omitting non-value-added-steps.
- Trained multiple employees improving productivity and reducing error rates.
- Completed school-lab clinical on location and was asked to stay when practicum was over.
Clinical Laboratory Technology
Research Plant Pathologist Resume
Objective : Experienced Research Plant Pathologist working in the Quality Department, bolstering a pedigree of analytical thinking and strong leadership through the mutual understanding of a common objective. Also, providing a broad background of other professional skills, such as marketing, sales, production, and safety.
Skills : Microsoft Office, PCR, Microscopy, Electrophoresis, Cloning, ELISA, ISO.
- Assembled microbiology laboratory: research and stock all equipment and supplies, write SOPs, and work instructions for test methods.
- Developed sampling plans for ingredients and finished products.
- Collaborated with corporate QA to develop an Environmental Monitoring Program for new and existing areas of the plant.
- Developed and performed CIP/COP inspection methods, including ATP (Charm), allergen (Neogen & Elution LFD), microbial indicator, and pathogen testing.
- Performed analytical testing on finished product samples: acidity, moisture, viscosity, pH, color, density.
- Conducted research on fauna.
- Experienced having worked in a similar role.
- Carried out work efficiently and accurately, even under pressure Sense of proactive initiative and team spirit.
BS In Microbiology
Validation Microbiologist Resume
Objective : Technical microbiologist and a Master of Health Science graduate from Quinnipiac University with experience in Quality Assurance microbiology within the medical device industry. Skills include lab investigation and lab management to deliver results and solutions meeting industry standards. Delivering quality service through utilization of excellent analytical, problem-solving, and verbal/written communication.
Skills : Microsoft Suite, Managing Skills.
- Managed environmental excursion and Product Quality reporting and acted as Lab supervisor during vacation periods and medical leave of absence.
- Responsible for the Sterility suite, including testing of finished products, environmental monitoring and investigatory testing as needed.
- Read, reported and trended all environmental sampling, including locations and personnel.
- Performed all steps in Biolog Identification of organisms.
- Prepared media and performed growth promotion and expiry testing of all media.
- Performed cryopreservation, bacterial titers, and gram staining.
- Responsible for calibration of lab instruments and equipment.
Microbiologist Laboratory Supervisor Resume
Headline : Microscopic examination of microorganisms to determine their morphological characteristics. Preparation of different types of media, solutions and reagents for the isolation of microorganisms. Growth, isolation & identification of microorganisms. Bacterial staining such as Gram staining. Microbial isolation techniques such as culture media, plating.
Skills : Lab Research, Operative Of LIMS, Great Communication Skills, Ability To Recognized Microbes, Proficient With Precision Lab Instruments.
- Read, calculated, and recorded analysis data to produce a report Correct any discrepancies that occur on the worksheet.
- Prepared sample for analysis by recording, weighing and blending.
- Pipetted sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
- Weighed appropriate amount of sample and pour correct agar to begin analysis procedures Index plates so that client and sample number can be tracked.
- Performed rapid method tests when requested by the client.
- Maintained accurate quality control documentation of analysis procedures.
- Assisted other departmental personnel with analysis procedures.
Bachelors Of Science
Associate Microbiologist Resume
Objective : Maintaining laboratory equipment including calibration of applicable Micro and QA laboratory instruments, and also Performing cultural methods for the detection and isolation/identification of food spoilage organisms, specifically in high acid food matrices.
Skills : Microbiologist, MS Office.
- Methods included but are not limited to PCR, Petrifilm analysis, various MPN methods, pour plating of various media types, and total coliform analysis of water via membrane filtration.
- Prepared a wide variety of media and reagents.
- Kept detailed and up-to-date records of all tasks performed in the lab.
- Performed all tasks with good laboratory practices in mind.
- Imported client sample information into our LIMS (Lab Information Management System).
- Read and reported results to clients through LIMS.
- Meticulous cleaned/sanitation of the laboratory space and equipment.
Bachelor's Of Science
QA Microbiologist Resume
Objective : Performing routine and non-routine sampling and testing of the products, raw materials, pharmaceutical water systems, compressed gas systems, production lines, and environmental monitoring (EM) of the production facility.
Skills : Microsoft Office, Microbiology.
- Made autogenous vaccines for farm animals.
- Plated specimen cultures received from farms.
- Identified the bacterial organisms isolated.
- Aseptically cultured the organisms of interest for vaccines and saved them on slants for later use.
- Maintained an orderly record of the stored organisms.
- Incorporated the existing written organism record into a computerized spreadsheet for easy retrieval of specific organisms.
- Generated charts and graphs outlining product efficacy.
M.S. In Microbiology
Sr. Molecular Microbiologist Resume
Objective : Exceptionally motivated self-starter and creative problem solver who works hard and loves a challenge. Hands-on experience in microbial cultures, preparation, and routine microbiological laboratory techniques. Strong knowledge of standard laboratory methods. Profound problem-solving, planning, and organization skills.
Skills : Management, Sales, Customer Service, Restaurant, Food Science, Microbiology, Negotiations, Retail Sales, Operations Management, Inventory Management, Quality Assurance, Research, Property Management, Social Media Marketing, Promotions, Vendor Relations.
- Provided quality assurance to nutritional products.
- Made, managed, and kept an inventory of media solutions.
- Examined sterilization of production through different tests.
- Executed testing under good laboratory and good manufacturing practices.
- Practiced sterile microbiology techniques that insured no cross-contamination of samples.
- Prepared samples for testing, ran samples on diagnostic equipment and recorded results.
- Count growth of colonies and record data.
Bachelor Of Science
Microbiologist II Resume
Objective : To apply my extensive knowledge in order to achieve the organization's as well as my personal goal and to work to learn, learn to work, and intend to build a career with committed & dedicated people, which will help me to explore myself fully and realize my potential.
Skills : DNA Sequencing, Scientific Writing, Research, Python, Perl, Linux, Aseptic Technique, PCR, Product Development, Purchasing, Training, Troubleshooting.
- Maintained knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Performed rapid method on Solaris system daily General support of plant production and quality as assigned by Plant Leadership.
- Provided data interpretation and recommendation for drug advancement to the discovery team.
- Gathered experimental data.
- Performed scientific research.
- Detected microorganisms.
- Collected biological data.
M.S. In Microbiology
Objective : A hard-working, motivated individual with excellent communication skills. Very organized with strong attention to detail and time management. Energetic, team-player who takes pride in the quality of work. Looking for an opportunity to begin a new career while contributing to the success of the business.
Skills : Excel, Managing Skills.
- Trained in cGMPs Reviewed microbiology test records and validation protocols.
- Provided training to new staff and temporary employees.
- Supervised temporary and contract employees.
- Responsible for ordering lab supplies and QC of the supplies.
- Responsible for sterile gowning certification and training.
- Coordinated and performed environmental monitoring of the Parenteral Pilot Plant.
- Sampled and tested the USP, WFI, and lab water system.
B.S. In BIOLOGY
Table of Contents
- Communication skills. Microbiologists should be able to effectively communicate their research processes and findings so that knowledge may be applied correctly.
- Detail oriented. ...
- Interpersonal skills. ...
- Logical-thinking skills. ...
- Math skills. ...
- Observation skills. ...
- Perseverance. ...
- Problem-solving skills.
- planning and carrying out trials.
- tracking environmental microorganism development.
- growing microbe cultures.
- developing new pharmaceutical products, vaccines, medicines and compounds such as antiseptics.
- collecting samples from a variety of locations.
- recording, analysing and interpreting data.
CAREER OBJECTIVES :
To become a successful professional in the field of Research and Microbiology and to work in an innovative and competitive world which will help me to explore myself fully and realize my potential. Willing to work as a key player in challenging & creative environment.
- Tailor your resume to the job. Customize your resume for each job where you're applying. ...
- Only use relevant content. You want your resume to present you as a strong candidate for a microbiology position. ...
- Select an appropriate format.
|Birth - Death||Microbiologist||Nationality|
The overall job outlook for MicroBiologist careers has been positive since 2004. Vacancies for this career have increased by 42.00 percent nationwide in that time, with an average growth of 2.63 percent per year. Demand for Microbiologists is expected to go up, with an expected 1,190 new jobs filled by 2029.
Microbiologists and virologists diagnose, treat and prevent the spread of infection, making a major contribution to clinical infection management. Both roles demand excellent clinical skills as well as first-class laboratory knowledge.
- – Problem Solving Skills. ...
- – Critical Thinking Skills. ...
- – Flexibility. ...
- – Communication Skills. ...
- – Teamwork. ...
- – Organization Skills. ...
- – Creativity. ...
- – Emotional Intelligence.
Knowledge: To impart knowledge of the basic principles of bacteriology, virology, mycology, immunology and parasitology including the nature of pathogenic microorganisms, pathogenesis, laboratory diagnosis, transmission, prevention and control of diseases common in the country.
My keen knowledge of microbiology testing, review, and validation—along with my ability to effectively lead all facets of laboratory operations—will allow me to help continue and expand the success of your organization. I look forward to discussing this position and my qualifications with you.
The most important CV sections include contact information, personal statement, work experience, educational background, and skills. When formatting your CV, make sure to follow the best practices. Use a single font, go for 1 or 1.15 line spacing, and set one-inch margins on all four sides of the CV.
Microbiology techniques are methods used for the study of microbes, including bacteria and microscopic fungi and protists. They include methods to survey, culture, stain, identify, engineer and manipulate microbes.
Fanny Hesse, acknowledged as the mother of microbiology, whose birthday would have been today, is best known for her work developing agar for cell culture.
Microbiologists typically pursue Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) or combined M.D.-Ph. D. degrees.
- Biomedical Scientist.
- Clinical Research Associate.
- Food Technologist.
- Scientific Laboratory Technician.
- Physician Associate.
- Research Scientist.
Microbiologists are below average when it comes to happiness. At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, microbiologists rate their career happiness 3.1 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 38% of careers.
Some microbiologists work as clinical scientists in hospitals, universities and medical school laboratories where they carry out research and give scientific advice to medical staff.
Robert Koch (1843-1910): father of microbiology and Nobel laureate. Singapore Med J. 2008 Nov;49(11):854-5.
- England. England is an excellent country to study microbiology since it has made significant contributions to microbiology, particularly in the context of research. ...
- The Netherlands. ...
- Switzerland. ...
- Denmark. ...
- Scotland. ...
- Germany. ...
Entry-level microbiologists in the FMCG industry in the country earn between 70,000 and 200,000 dollars per year. They are either employed to work in a laboratory to ensure that high-quality products are produced, or they are sent out as product marketers for the company. With time and experience, pay rises.
- Light microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, and scanning electron microscopy.
- Molecular (gene) cloning.
- Mammalian cell culture.
- Restriction analysis, gel electrophoresis, and gel documentation.
- Centrifugation techniques.
- Southern and Western blotting.
- UV/Vis spectrophotometry.
Microbiology is a hard subject to study. It's very detail heavy; requiring you to remember a lot of facts about microscopic organisms, morphologies and modes of action. Without some basic knowledge of biology and chemistry, or the ability to memorize things easily, it's likely you'll struggle.
- Firstly, research the company to learn its values and culture. ...
- Secondly, focus on skills the employer would want to see on your resume. ...
- Thirdly, describe your professional skills with your achievements. ...
- Next, add other skills if they may be relevant to the position you're applying for.
- Provide contact information. ...
- Pitch yourself to the reader. ...
- Choose a resume format. ...
- Provide your job history. ...
- Highlight your lab assistant skills. ...
- List your education and awards. ...
- Update your resume for new applications.
Microbiologists typically pursue Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.) or combined M.D.-Ph. D. degrees.
Microbio is definitely the harder major at our school. But your school could be very different. If you feel like you would do better with a microbio major, and you feel that you have an interest in the area, then I would suggest a switch.
You could go into industry and work in R&D, Regulatory, or Operations. Many, many, many biotech and pharmaceutical companies hire new graduates at entry-level. You could work for the government. The CDC and FDA both hire microbiologists at the Bachelors level.