Biology Mock Test | Online mock test for Biology MCQ | Biology Free MockTest| Biology questions and answers pdf, BiologyMock Test2021”is being published, which is very useful for upcoming competitive exams.
1 – With reference to the recent developments in science, which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Functional chromosomes can be created by joining segments of DNA taken from cells of different species.
(b) Pieces of artificial functional DNA can be created in laboratories.
(c) A piece of DNA taken out from an animal cell can be made to replicate outside a living cell in a laboratory.
(d) Cells taken out from plants and animals can be made to undergo cell division in laboratory petri dishes.
2. Which one of the following statements is not correct? [IAS 2019]
(a) Hepatitis B virus is transmitted much like HIV.
(b) Hepatitis B, unlike Hepatitis C, does not have a vaccine.
(c) Globally, the number of people infected with Hepatitis B and C viruses are several times more than those infected with HIV.
(d) Some of those infected with Hepatitis B and C viruses do not show the symptoms for many years.
3. Which of the following organisms has white blood? [UP PCS 2019]
(c) House bug
4. Use of polished rice in human diet causes the following disease [UP PCS 2019]
(c) Night blindness
(d) Colour blindness
5. Which of the following pairs is NOT correctly matched ? [UP PCS 2019]
Vitamin – Rich Source
(a) Vitamin B6 – Rice bran
(b) Vitamin B2 – Cod-liver oil
(c) Vitamin E – Wheat germ oil
(d) Vitamin K — Alfalfa
questions in biology
6. Mother’s milk provides almost complete diet to the new-born, but it lacks the following [UP PCS 2019)
7. Given below are two statements, one is labelled as Assertion (A) and the other as Reason (R). [UP PCS 2019]
Assertion (A): Maximum number of the species of butterflies are found in tropical countries.
Reason (R) : Butterflies can not tolerate low temperatures.
(a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(b) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(c)(A) is true but (R) is false
(d) (A) is false but (R) is true
8. Which of the following is associated with biological nitrogen fixation ? [UP PCS 2019]
(a) Red algae
(b) Brown algae
(c) Green algae
(d) Blue-green algae
9. The by-product of photosynthesis is [Bihar PCS 2019]
(e) None of the above/More than one of the above
10 – In persons addicted to alcohol, the liver gets damaged because [WB PCS 2019]
(a) has to detoxify the alcohol.
(b) stores excess of glycon.
(c) is over stimulated to secrete more bile.
(d) accumulates excess of fats.
biology neet questions
11. Which one of the following statements is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
(a) Bacteria contain cytoplasm but viruses do not
(b) Bacteria contain mitochondria but viruses do not
(c) Viruses contain mitochondria but bacteria do not
(d) Viruses have a cell membrane but bacteria do not
12. Which one of the following will happen if the medium surrounding the cell has a higher concentration than the cell ? [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
(a) The cell will gain water
(b) The cell will die
(c) There will be no change
(d) The cell will lose water
13. Rough endoplasmic reticulum (RER) looks rough under the microscope because of the attachment of which one of following cell organelles to its surface [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
14. The increase in length of stems and roots in plants is due to [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
(a) lateral meristem
(b) intercalary meristem
(c) apical meristem
(d) secondary growth
15. In plant cells, the turgidity and rigidity is provided by [Asstt. Commdt. 2019)
(c) golgi apparatus
(d) vacuoles full of cell sap
16. Pollens are produced in [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
17. Which of the following organisms belongs to Coelenterata (Cnidaria) (Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
(a) Planaria and liverfluke
(b) Sea urchin and sea cucumber
(c) Hydra and sea anemone
(d) Euplectella and sycon
18. Bending of shoot of a plant towards light can be referred to as [Asstt. Commdt. 2019]
(b) positive phototropism
(c) negative phototropism
19. Food chain is [CDS 2019)
(a) relationship between autotrophic organisms
(b) exchange of genetic material between two organisms
(C) passage of food (and thus energy) from one organism to another
(d) modern entrepreneur establishment providing food outlets
20. Chlorophyll in photosynthetic prokaryotic bacteria is associated with [CDS 2019]
(b) membranous vesicles
biology questions for neet
21 – Which one of the following body parts/organs of the human body does not have smooth muscles? [CDS 2019]
(b) Iris of eye
(c) Bronchi of lungs
22. Marsilea, Fern and Horse-tail are examples of which one of the following plant groups ? [CDS 2019]
23. Which one of the following functions is not carried out by smooth endoplasmic reticulum? (CDS 2019]
(a) Transport of materials
(b) Synthesis of lipid
(c) Synthesis of protein
(d) Synthesis of steroid hormone
24. Which one of the following cell organelles mainly functions as storehouse of digestive enzymes ? [CDS 2019]
25. Which one of the following tissues is responsible for increase of girth in the stem of a plant ? [CDS 2019]
(c) Intercalary meristem
(d) Lateral meristem
neet bio question
26. Which one of the following organisms is dependent on saprophytic mode of nutrition ? [CDS 2019]
27. Which one of the following pairs of animals is warm blooded ? [CDS 2019]
(a) Crocodile and Ostrich
(b) Hagfish and Dogfish
(C) Tortoise and Ostrich
(d) Peacock and Camel
28. Which one of the following statements regarding haemoglobin is correct? [CDS 2019]
(a) Haemoglobin present in RBC can carry only oxygen but not carbon dioxide
(b) Haemoglobin of RBC can carry both oxygen and carbon dioxide
(C) Haemoglobin of RBC can carry only carbon dioxide
(d) Haemoglobin is only used for blood clotting and not for carrying gases.
29. Which one of the following statements is correct? [CDS 2019]
(a) Urea is produced in liver
(b) Urea is produced in blood
(c) Urea is produced from digestion of starch
(d) Urea is produced in lung and kidney
30. Blood is a type of [NDA 2019]
(a) Epithelial tissue
(b) Muscular tissue
(c) Nervous tissue
(d) Connective tissue
neet biology question
31. Mitochondria are able to produce their own [NDA 2019]
(d) Digestive enzymes
32. Which one of the following statements is correct? [NDA 2019)
(a) Xylem consists of tracheids, vessels, xylem parenchyma and xylem fibres.
(b) Flexibility in plants is due to sclerenchyma.
(c) Parenchyma have no intercellular spaces.
(d) Xylem consists of sieve plate, sieve tube and companion cells.
33. Which one of the following is a bacterium that causes disease the human body? [NDA 2019]
(a) Varicella zoster
(b) Trypanosoma gambiense
(c) Salmonella typhi
(d) Plasmodium falciparum
34. Which one of the following statements regarding viruses is not true? [NDA 2019]
(a) Viruses need living cells to reproduce.
(b) All viruses are parasites.
(c) Viruses can synthesize their food through photosynthesis.
(d) Viruses are similar to chemical substances outside the host.
35 – Which one of the following cell organelles does NOT possess itsown genetic material encoding proteins?
neet biology questions
36. Which one of the following organisms represents the primary consumer category in an ecosystem?
(b) Crabapple tree
37. Which one of the following statements regarding Penicillin is correct? [NDA 2019)
(a) Penicillin resistant bacteria can store this antibiotic in vacuole
(b) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called B-lactamase
(c) Penicillin resistant bacteria can degrade this antibiotic by an enzyme called lactic acid dehydrogenase
(d) Penicillin is not absorbed by bacteria; so most bacteria are resistant
38. Which one of the following statements regarding Cholera is correct? [NDA 2019)
(a) Cholera is a disease that causes loss of memory
(b) Cholera is a disease of muscles due to consumption of alcohol
(c) Cholera is a disease due to sumption of contaminated food or water
(d) Cholera is a genetic disease
39. Consider the following: [IAS 2018]
2. Dust blowing
4. Wind blowing
Which of the above spread plant diseases ?
(a) Both 1 and 3
(b) Both 3 and 4
(c) 1,2 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
40. Why is a plant called Prosopis juliflora often mentioned in news? [IAS 2018]
(a) Its extract is widely used in cosmetics.
(b) It tends to reduce the biodiversity in the area in which it grows.
(c) Its extract is used in the synthesis of pesticides.
(d) None of the above
neet questions biology
41. Which of the following is NOT obtained from insects? [UP PCS 2018]
42. Food rich in roughage may NOT help: [Odisha PCS 2018]
(a) To prevent constipation
(b) Satisfy appetite
(c) Stimulate peristalsis to eliminate faecal matter
(d) Provide nutrients
43. Daily consumption of aragon oil helps to prevent: [Odisha PCS 2018]
(a) Various cancers
(b) Cardiovascular diseases
(d) All of the above
44. Antioxidants present in food stuffs: [Odisha PCS 2018]
(a) Retard action of oxygen on food materials
(b) Helps in its preservation
(c) Prevents spoilage
(d) All of the above
45. Which one of the following statements about proteins in mammalian cells is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) Proteins in mammalian cells are synthesized in cell membrane.
(b) Proteins in mammalian cells are not synthesized in cell membrane but directly absorbed from food.
(c) Proteins in mammalian cells are synthesized in rough endoplasmic reticulum
(d) Proteins in mammalian cells are synthesized in Golgi apparatus.
46 – Which one of the following statements about transport mechanism in plants is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) Diffusion of ions and small molecules across cell membrane requires energy.
(b) Active transport of ions and small molecules across cell membrane against concentration gradient requires energy.
(c) Cells conserve energy and no energy is required for transpor of ions and small molecules against concentration gradient.
(d) Cells do not transport ions across their membrane as these are charged molecules.
47. Which one of the following statements about blood elements is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) Red blood cells number is same as that of white blood cells and platelets.
(b) The number of white blood cells is more than red blood cells.
(c) The number of red blood cells is the highest.
(d) The number of red blood cells is lower than platelets.
48. Which one of the following statements regarding digestion is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) Fat present in the food is digested by trypsin and chymotrypsin.
(b) Starch of food is digested by lipases.
(c) Fat of food is digested by lipases.
(d) Nucleic acid is digested by amylases.
49. Which one of the following statements is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) In photosynthesis by green plants, carbon dioxide is used for making carbohydrate.
(b) During photosynthesis, plants use oxygen for making carbohydrate.
(c) The carbohydrate generated by plants comes from soil.
(d) The carbohydrate generated by plants comes from urea.
50. Which one of the following statements regarding insulin hormone is correct? [Asstt. Commdt. 2018]
(a) Insulin is a protein hormone which is not produced in human body.
(b) Insulin is a steroid hormone which is produced in human body.
(c) Insulin is a cholesterol-driven hormone given to human.
(d) Insulin is a protein hormone which is produced in human body.
general science questions
51. Which of the following is/are the main absorbing organ/organs of plants? [CDS 2018]
(a) Root only
(b) Leaf only
(c) Root and leaf only
(d) Root, leaf and bark
52. Which of the following is not a primary function of a green leaf? (CDS 2018]
(a) Manufacture of food
(b) Interchange of gases
(c) Evaporation of water
(d) Conduction of food and water
53. Which one of the following denote a ‘true fruit’? [CDS 2018]
(a) When only the thalamus of the flower grows and develops into a fruit
(b) When only the receptacle of the flower develops into a fruit
(c) When fruit originates only from the calyx of a flower
(d) When only the ovary of the flower grows into a fruit
54. In which one of the following physiological processes, excess water escapes in the form of droplets from a plant? (CDS 2018]
55. If the xylem of a plant is mechanically blocked, which of the following functions of the plant will be affected ? (CDS 2018]
(a) Transport of water only
(b) Transport of water and solutes
(c) Transport of solutes only
(d) Transport of gases
biology for neet
56 – Which one of the following agents does not contribute to propagation of plants through seed dispersal ?
57. Which one of the following features is an indication for modification of stem of a plant?
(a) Presence of ‘eye’ on potato
(b) ‘Scale’ found in onion
(c) Tendril’ found in pea
(d) Hair present in carrot
58. Which of the following roles is /are played by epididymis vas deferens, seminal vesicles and prostate in male reproductive system of human? (CDS 2018]
(a) Spermatogenesis and maturation of sperms
(b) Maturation and motility of sperms
(c) Spermatogenesis and motility of sperms
(d) Motility of sperms only
59. Which one of the following is the special type of milk produced by a lactating mother, essential for the development of immune response of newborn baby in human? (CDS 2018]
(a) Breast milk produced after a month of childbirth
(b) Transitional milk
(d) Mineralized milk
60. Which one of the following statements explains higher mutation rate and faster evolution found in RNA vinus?
(a) RNA is relatively unstable compared to DNA
(b) Virus can muy only within the living cell of a host.
(c) Metabolic processes are absent in virus.
(d) Virus can remain latent for a long period.
science gk hind
61. Which one of the following is a true fish as per the biological system of classification?
(c) Cuttle fish
(d) Flying fish
62. in which one of the following types of connective tissues in animals does fat get stored?
63. Which one of the following pairs about organ/part that helps in locomotion is not correctly matched?
(b) Paramecium: Cla
(c) Nereis: Pseudopodia
(d) Starfish Tube feet
64. Lysosome is formed from which of the following cell organelles?
(b) Endoplasmic reticulum
(c) Golgi bodies
65. Which one of the following statements about lymph is correct?
(a) Lymph is formed due to leakage of blood through capillaries
(b) Lymph contains blood cells such as RBC
(c) Lymph is also circulated by the blood circulating heart
(d) Lymph only transports hormones
biology mcq for neet
66. Which of the following classes of animals has / have three chambered heart?
(a) Pisces and Amphibia
(b) Amphibia and Reptilia
(d) Amphibia only
67. Which one of the following elements is involved in the control of water content of the blood?
68. Which one of the following elements is essential for the formation of chlorophyll in green plants?
69. Which one of the following groups of cellular organelles con DNA?
(a) Mitochondria, nucleus, chloroplast
(b) Mitochondria. Golgi bodies, nucleus
(c) Mitochondria, plasma membrane nucleus
(d) Chloroplast, nucleus, ribosomes
70 – One of the additional functions of Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum (SER) is : [NDA 2018]
(a) protein synthesis
(b) lipid synthesis
(C) storage of biomolecules
(d) detoxification of toxic substances
neet biology mcq
71. Damage to the apical meristem of a growing young plant will affect the: [NDA 2018]
(a) length of the plant
(b) colour of the flower
(c) colour of the leaves
(d) taste of the fruits
72. Which of the following kingdoms has/have only unicellular organisms? [NDA 2018]
(a) Monera only
(b) Protista only
(c) Monera and Protista both
(d) Protista and Fungi both
73. Which one of the following is a waterborne disease ? [NDA 2018]
74. The acidic semidigested food coming out of the stomach is neutralized by: [NDA 2018]
(a) pancreatic juice
(b) duodenal secretion
(c) large intestine secretion
(d) bile juice
75. The oxygenated blood from the lungs is received by the: [NDA 2018]
(a) left auricle
(b) left ventricle
(c) right auricle
(d) right ventricle
neet biology mcq
76. The oxygen evolved during photo- synthesis comes from splitting of:
(b) carbon dioxide
77. Which one of the following depicts the correct circuit of a reflex arc? [NDA 2018]
(a) Effector-sensory neuron- spinal cord-motor neuron receptor
(b) Receptor-sensory neuron- spinal cord-motor neuron efiector
(C) Receptor-sensory neuron- brain-motor neuron effector
(d) Sensory neuron-receptor-brain-effector-motor neuron
78. The accidental touch of Nettle leaves creates a burning sensation, which is due to inject of: [NDA 2018]
(a) Hydrochloric acid
(b) Methanoic acid
(c) Citric acid
(d) Sulphuric acid
79. AIDS is caused by a virus whose genetic material is: [NDA 2018]
(a) single stranded circular DNA
(b) double stranded DNA
(c) single stranded RNA
(d) double stranded RNA
80. Which one of the following is an organelle that is NOT found in prokaryotic cells? [NDA 2018]
(a) Cell wall
(c) Plasma membrane
81. Which one of the following parts of body does NOT take pa the process of breathing? [NDA 2018]
(b) Bowman’s capsule
82. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of lev hierarchy of classification of organisms from higher to low [NDA 2018]
(b) Phylum-Class – Family-Order-Genus
(c) Family-Order-Class – Species – Genus
(d) Class – Family-Order – Species – Genus
83. Which one of the following elements is needed in the hun Wamster electrical signals by nerve cells ?
84. Which one of the following group of organisms forn chain ?[NDA 2018]
(a) Grass, human and fish
(b) Grass, goat and human
(c) Tree, tree cutter and tiger
(d) Goat, Cow and human
85 – If by an unknown accident the acid secreting cells of the stomach wall of an individual are damaged, digestion of which one of the following biomolecules will be affected to a greater extent? [NDA 2018]
(d) Protein and Carbohydrate
86. Crossing over occurs during meiosis at [WB PCS 2017]
87. Which of the following processes makes direct use of oxygen ? [WB PCS 2017]
(c) Citric Acid Cycle
(d) Electron transport
88. The well-known antibiotic penicillin is obtained from this plant group:
89. What is a bacteriophage? [WB PCS 2017]
(a) A virus
(b) A bacterium growing in artificial nutrient medium
(c) A fungus causing disease
(d) A phagocytic protozoa
90. Which of the following statements is/are correct? [IAS 2017]
1.In tropical regions, Zika virus disease is transmitted by the same mosquito that transmits dengue.
2. Sexual transmission of Zika virus disease is possible.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
91. Thalassemia is a hereditary disease which affects : [UK PCS 2017]
92. In human eyes, the image of an object is formed on: [MP PCS 2017]
93. Which of the following diseases is caused by protozoa ? [MP PCS 2017]
94. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched ?
(a) Vitamin A-Maculan
(b) Vitamin B-Maculan
(c) Vitamin C-James Lind
(d) Vitamin D-Paul Muller
95. What is the botanical name of opium? [MP PCS 2017]
(a) Emblica officinalis
(b) Papaver somniferum
(c) Rauwolfia serpentina
(d) Cinchona sp.
96. Smallpox was declared eradicated from the world in: [MP PCS 2017]
97. A bacteriophage is a: [MP PCS 2017]
(a) bacterium with a tail
(b) newly formed bacterium
(c) bacterium infecting virus
(d) virus infecting bacterium
98. To study meiosis in plants, the best part would be: [MP PCS 2017]
(a) shoot apex
(b) root apex
(d) leaf cells
99. An example of modified underground stem is: [WB PCS 2017]
100. Crossing over occurs during meiosis at: [WB PCS 2017]
101. A mammal that lays eggs : [WB PCS 2017]
102. Necton are: [WB PCS 2017]
(a) floating organisms in water.
(b) swimming organisms in water.
(c) animals associated with aquatic plants.
(d) sub-merged plants in water.
- Chemistry MCQ
- Physics Mock Test